Manhattan Carnivore

This is a TRUTH Blog.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Life Is Not A Rehearsal, And Blogging Is Not A Competition

I would just like to make it clear that Manhattan Carnivore the blog is not trying to compete with Brooklyn Vegan the blog. The blog title is a joke, its ironic, because in case you didn't know, irony is fucking cool with the hipsters... so now you know, so you can be fucking cool too. And yes, I read the comments on my blog, but no, that does not reduce me to the level of shit that Joe from DoP holds, because THIS IS MY BLOG, I AM KING HERE, but, I am a good king, so I like to see what the commoners are saying and may try to take that into account while running my kingdom. I do not intend to post everyday if I have nothing to say, I will write when I want to write and write what I want to write, and if you want to read it, wonderful, if not, thats wonderful too... we know our buddy Joe will continue reading from work.

In other DoP news... it is reported that George was sighted in the hipster capitol of the universe working at Main Drag Music. This folks, is truely ALARMING! If you were at suck fest, you witnessed the noise that George created, and will therefore understand how alarming it is that George would work giving advice on anything music related. sheesh!

12 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous A. Astley said...

youre really funny, but im tired of reading things in general that make fun of hipsters.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha fucking hilarious

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I on the other hand LOVE reading someone that is not afraid to deem any show at the Mercury Lounge anything other than...... GREATEST. SHOW. EVER.

This hipster, blogger, LES circle jerk is so fucking played. The reason for this is that nothing of any merit has evolved from this self important post NYU group of elitest jerkoffs (I went there, I know them) yet. Pontificating from their "blogs" about the "secret show" this, or the "tickets for this bowery show" that.

It is so bad that it potentially turns people off what could potentially be good music.

Manhattan Carnivore is here to slap some sense into this scene. You go girl.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate gets old pretty quick, unless you're really smart about it like the fug girls. good luck keeping this blog afloat by stalking a band you secretly envy.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do we know the gender of manhattan carnivore!?

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate may get old. Truth, however never goes out of style!

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uninformed truth however...

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Joe, still reading. still loving MC. said...

here's some truth:

party at the DoP/APTBS house this friday.

Mahi Mahi is playing (try telling me that they suck, go ahead, try) and maybe a few others.

$5, free beer. 9 pm.

the location is a secret that only nyu elitist jerkoffs know about.
just kidding, it's 49 south 2nd.

and keep the dop news flashes coming, it's slow here today.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, blogging might not be a competition, but I was about to write that my blog has a PageRank of 3, which makes it three times as important as Manhattan Carnivore's paltry PageRank of 1. Then I realized you have a PageRank of zero! Nice work loser, it takes effort to suck that bad.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous dani said...

I love you so, so, so, so much. You're a very similar creature to the blogger I was in my prime, only nobody ever read my blog because my site wasn't linked from anywhere on the internet. I live vicariously through you. Thank you for existing and for writing.

by the way, I don't think the anti-hipster sentiment is "getting old". As long as this movement continues to gain/retains momentum, mocking them will never "get old". It's just necessary.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, blogging might not be a competition, but I was about to write that my blog has a PageRank of 3, which makes it three times as important as Manhattan Carnivore's paltry PageRank of 1. Then I realized you have a PageRank of zero! Nice work loser, it takes effort to suck that bad.


BrooklynVegan wrote:
"My blog is better than your blog!"
Fucking kidding me?

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home